Sunday, March 25, 2012
My friend Sharlaine and I joined the throngs of people going to see The Hunger Games this weekend. The only difference for us, was that we didn't pay because I won tickets (and the soundtrack) through the local radio station :D We chose to go this weekend because it worked best for both our schedules. Sharlaine lives over an hour from me so the weekends are really the only time we can meet up and with Easter and things coming, we figured it would be better to go sooner rather than later. Plus, neither of us really wanted to wait.
I loved the movie. Now I should admit, up front, that I've only read the first book. Sharlaine lent it to me last summer. I had a hard time getting into it and getting through it and because of that, and school, I haven't bothered with the other two. She recently lent me the audio books though so, I'm hoping, with school ending soon, I should be able to listen to them finally. She was really impressed with the movie too. They made minor changes which are necessary for book adaptations but overall I think they really captured what the book was about. My favourite part by far was seeing all the costumes in the Capital. Craziness!!!
I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the soundtrack as well. I didn't think I would but it's got some really great songs on it. I was expecting to recognize more of them in the movie but either they weren't used or I was just too engrossed in the story. Probably the latter, it was that good!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
This is me hopefully easing myself back into blogging.
- Spring was here. It was an absolutely fabulous week. Now it’s the weekend and it’s drizzling outside. I guess that’s still spring though...
- I like my coffee strong. Komodo Dragon blend this morning!
- I forgot how wonderful flip flops feel. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t mind my boots but my toes are loving being free.
- Veggies are what I plan on buying at the farmers market today.
- Heads, shoulders, knees and aches, pains, everywhere! Why? Is this what it feels like to get old? If so, I don’t like it :P
- Walking to and from school is my favorite form of exercise when it's warm enough out not to wear a coat!
- And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some end of year formal dinner at school. I forget what groups it’s for. I’m just going for the free dinner :D. Tomorrow my plans include HUNGER GAMES! After church, with Sharlaine!
Want to play along? Check it out: http://fridayfillins.blogspot.com/2012/03/friday.html.