Monday, March 24, 2008

My long weekend was too short

That's my only complaint. Other than that I had an absolutely wonderful Easter weekend.

Friday Deb and her daughter came out and we were going to go to Burlington to check out bridesmaid's dresses again. I chickened out though. The radio was reporting a 2-3 hour wait at the border but when we got down there it was the LONGEST line I have EVER seen on this side of the border. I haven't talked to anyone who went down but I would be surprised if they got down in less than three hours. Because of that I decided against going. It just wasn't worth the wait.

Instead Deb, J and I went to Winners where I got a really cute top, to the scrapbook store and to Michaels and then to White Spot for a late lunch. It was a nice relaxing time.

After they headed home I went over to Mom & Dad's and vacuumed out my car. I've needed to do that for a long time. I didn't realize HOW long until I got going. I found glass under the seats. Glass, from when Seth borrowed my car when I was in Texas and the back window got smashed in. Yikes!

That evening (and on Saturday and Sunday) I SCRAPBOOKED! Amazing I know LOL I mean I've been doing a little here and there but I actually dug out stickers, shape makers, CCS tools and I have a long tail on my tape runner to prove that I had accomplished something. I worked on a bunch of "UFO's". Pages I've ignored for years. I did three calendar pages in my 2006 album and organized my pictures and planned the layouts. I finshed a bunch of layouts in my CM album. (I retired in September 2005...it's about time I finish that book!) I made notes and I used scraps. My work space is a disaster area right now but it feels GOOD.

Saturday I went to a wedding, I'll put that in a separate post when I can upload photos.

Sunday I went to church and then stayed for a potluck lunch. I had to laugh on Sunday. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Veggie Tales 8 Polish Foods of Christmas but that's kind of what it felt like. LOTS of meat dishes. All of them were yummy though so I'm not complaining.

All in all it was a good, productive weekend. I would have loved to be off today as well but it's okay. I don't have dance tonight so it will be a bit like a vacation.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds odd to me that you can go shopping on Good Friday. There are nothing but essential stores (mostly gas stations and convenience stores) open on Good Friday here.

And we get Easter Monday as a holiday too...which is nice. Easter is traditionally THE weekend everyone goes away somewhere here in Australia. The roads are usually mayhem. We stayed home though. Except on Sunday when we drove down to Werribee to pick up my nieces from a horse show my sister was at.

I did a little scrapping over the weekend too...though not nearly as much as I'd hoped.

agent713 said...

The mall was open "Sunday Hours" So 11-5 on Friday and closed on Sunday. Anyone who worked got time and a half though. All the professional offices and schools are closed on Friday and some (mostly government) are closed on Monday.

Melissa said...

Glad you had a nice long weekend! I will be dress shopping a week from Saturday.