Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Member #524

I’m probably fooling myself by thinking I have time for this but I am excited to announce that I am the newest member of our local Genealogical Society. I attended a meeting back in January but then I never went back. The regular meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month which is awkward because my board meetings are typically scheduled that day too. Yesterday I went straight from work to the meeting and then I left the meeting early…which still meant I didn’t get home until after 8pm.

It’s only $20 for a one year membership in the Society and joining means I have access to their archives in the library whenever they are open. I’m hoping to take some time to review everything that I’ve collected over the past few years and start doing some digging to find more. I know that doing genealogy can be addictive but I still want to pursue it. Wish me luck!

No comments: