Friday, June 06, 2008

My first un-supervised pie

I made pie last night. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I've made pie plenty of times before but this was my first time doing it ALL by myself without Mom there to superivise. I did have to go out and buy a rolling pin (do you know how much they cost?!?) but I made the crust according to Grandma M's recipe and I made the pumpkin filling according to Grandma B's recipe. The first one probably could have baked a bit longer. The crust on the second one burnt a bit. It still tasted good though and I'm happy to bring it to dance tomorrow as requested :)

I also made a turnover type thing with the leftover dough and some fruit mix my mom gave me. I'm eating that for breakfast. Yummy!

4 comments:

Aussie Wendy said...

Sounds YUM! I made pies today, meat ones though. Not game enough to do my own pastry though.

Shelljo said...

dang. Sure wish I'd known you didn't have a rolling pin, I've got THREE!

Ranch Wife said...

Mmmmmm...pie! It's a food group around here! Rarely does a week go by that I do not roll out crust for a pie around here. Some friends gave me my rolling pin when we were married 21 years ago. I had never made a pie but was about to marry a pie-lover. I think of them every time I grab it from the terra-cotta pot that holds my kitchen utensils. It has since made many a pie!

Way to go! May this be the first of many!

Kaye said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever made a pie!