Saturday, July 05, 2008

Berrybeat Festival

I'm at my parents house briefly clearing out email before leaving so I thought I'd update you on what I've been doing for the past two days. This weekend was the 27th Annual Berrybeat Festival (I blogged about it last year too) and it was another successful event. I took Friday off so I could be there both days which was great but I am TIRED now!

Thursday was set up and it went well. Both mornings I started my day with a yummy pancake breakfast. I'm not really a fan of pancakes or sausage but some how, at Berrybeat, you just have to have them. It's tradition!

There was almost constant entertainment as always. One of my favourites was the little Mooshum Metis dancers. They did an awesome job. Other entertainers included fiddlers, singers (like Kristal Barrett), dancers from all the local dance academy's and the Mexican dancers at left.
The farmers' market was on today as well and these peppers were so beautiful I couldn't resist taking a picture.

I spent most of my time in the info booth again. We had lots of volunteers so I was able to roam quite a bit too. The group that puts on the festival are fantastic and I love spending time with them. It's also neat to see how many people attend the festival that I know. I guess that's what happens when you've lived in a town for almost 25 years!

Okay. NOW I'm on vacation ;) Don't miss me too much!


2 comments:

Kaye said...

Oh, I love the pepper picture!

Sherry said...

Love festivals! I am not much of a pancake person either, but I don't blame you for having to have that both days. Yum! Great pictures.