Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fahrenheit 9/11

Last year I blogged Where Were I Was the World Stopped Turning which is the question everyone is asking today. I won't re-hash it but you can read if you want.

Last weekend I watched Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. It was coincidental that I watched this movie just before September 11th. I just happened to find it at the library so I borrowed it. It was very interesting. I confess there was very little in there that I didn't suspect all along, like the Bush administration's alleged reasons for the war on Iraq. His view on how the War on Terrorism and the fear brought on the American people was cultivated through the media was fascinating.

I recommend this movie to every adult looking for one man's view on this major event.

Today I am not doing anything particular to commemorate the day but I admit the memories are a bit more accute. As I said last year this event has been the most significant world event of my life. It has affected me and the world I live in more than anything else. September 11th is a day that has gone down in history and I can't help but remember.

No comments: