Friday, February 05, 2010

Around the World in 80 Days

Last year I discovered a series of books by Laura Jensen Walker, called the Getaway Girls, well, I say series but I have only read two books. The third was just released this month. The premise of the books is that the girls read a book and then go on an adventure based on the story. The books are full of quotes and book recommendations and considering how much I love reading, they`re perfect for me.

One of the book suggestions was Around the World in 80 Days. I picked the book on cd up from the library a few days later and absolutley fell in love with the story. It`s smart and funny, very fast paced and even a love story. I`ve been raving about the book ever since.

A few weeks ago I heard that a local theatre group was doing the stage show. Mom and I made plans to go, and tonight was the night. It was fantastic. It is billed as a ``comedy adventure adapted by Mark Brown``. There are only five actors and each of them play many, many parts. They were all extremely talented and even though you knew it was the same actors, a few props, slight costume changes and an accent or two thrown in made you forget that it was a familiar face.

The stage show was just as enjoyable as the book had been. I recommend it just as highly as before I saw the show, actually, more so now :)

No comments: