Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kristal Barrett's CD Release Party

Sunday morning I went to church and then Seth and I went to Mom and Dad's for lunch. Mom and I played a round of Scrabble and I lost horribly. So bad that I refused to play my last rack (DIOUVW) because I was already 100 points behind. Seth, Mom and I then played a game of Cribbage (which I haven't played in forever) and I won that which restored my faith in myself LOL

Sunday evening I went to the cd release party for Kristal Barrett. Kristal graduated a year after me and has recently launched a country music career. She works for the radio station and has great support there. She performed at the BerryBeat Festival in July too.

I love her debut single "High On Life" and she's just such a sweet person and I wanted to support her on this big day. I had a blast. I ended up going alone which was fine. I befriended some people in the line up and they invited me to sit with them. It was great. Thank you to Guy, Edie and Darryl for adopting me and being such great entertainment!

If you have the time, check out Kristal's music on her myspace page (linked above) I admit I'm generally not a fan of female singers. If you look at my cd collection, it's about 90% male. Kristal is different though. I love her voice and her lyrics say exactly what I feel. BC is lucky to have her :)

~Heidi

No comments: