Friday, December 14, 2007

Basics for Babies 2007

Happy Blogversary! Two years ago tomorrow I joined the wonderful world of blogging. Through that time I've created over 600 posts, shared pictures and life. I've also gotten to know my fellow bloggers that much better.

Two years ago the first major event that I posted about was the JRfm Basics for Babies Breakfast. Today I took the morning off work to attend again. Traffic was heavy at 6:30 in the morning so I arrived just as the first act, newcomer Jessie Farrell from Vancouver was wrapping up. That was okay though because I was really there to see Doc Walker!!!

My loyal blog readers will probably recognize the name and remember that they opened for Dierks in January. They're also the first concert I ever went to. It was super exciting to be able to hear them do some acoustic songs and get a chance to chat with them briefly, get autographs and pictures.

I was especially excited to talk to Dave (first picture) because I wanted to thank him for being so accessible to his fans. He makes a point of posting on the message board on their website and responding to messages on Facebook. It's very cool.

Dave and Chris both confirmed that new music should hit the air in January. They performed the song that they will probably release as a single, a new one called "Beautiful Life". I love it already and I think it might be my theme song for 2008 :D

They also performed their first single, "Rocket Girl" and a fantastic Christmas song called "Remember December". It was awesome. Definitely worth the drive to Surrey :)

I asked Dave about a tour and he said "Commodore in April". OMFSM that would be AMAZING. I really, really hope that happens and I can't wait!!! Three songs really wasn't enough. If you haven't heard these guys yet, check them out here

~Heidi

2 comments:

tosin said...

Happy Blog-A-Versary!!!

:)

Veronica said...

Two years? Really? Huh, I didn't realise you didn't start your blog until after my trip...seems like you've been blogging longer.