Friday, February 08, 2008

"I have three brothers"

Last fall Stacy asked "What will be the title of your autobiography"
I came up with some goofy options at the time but I never developed the idea so I never posted them. I've finally figured it out though. My book will be called:
"Heidi's Story: A Life with Three Brothers" Seriously. That has become a motto for me. A tag line. A defnition of my life. It explains so much!

Here's why (with appologies to Jeff Foxworthy)

If you laugh at fart jokes...you might have three brothers

If you don't take the bait when someone is intentionally annoying you...you might have three brothers

If you hit back...you definitely have three brothers

If you burp at the dinner table...you might have three brothers

If you can roll your eyes so far back in your head that they look totally white...you might have three brothers

If you get why guys are in to cars...you might have three brothers

If you've ever addressed someone using any, or a combination of the following adjectives: poop head, loser, nerd, jerk, freak, idiot, geek or snot face...you might have three brothers

If you've ever been called "princess" and not in a complimentary way...you might have three brothers

If you've ever played video games for hours on end...you might have three brothers

If you aren't grossed out by blood, bugs or dead animals...you might have three brothers

If you enjoy sports and understand them...you might have three brothers

If you've ever been in a car going over 150 kms and hour, and not been worried...you might have three brothers

If you've ever discussed the consistency of human excrement...you might have three brothers

If you've ever fallen into the toilet in the middle of the night because someone left the seat up...you might have three brothers

If you've ever used the line "he who smelt it dealt it!"...you might have three brothers

And by the way, I credit my wonderful father with teaching them everything they know!


Having three brothers explains SO much about my attitude towards life. I find myself saying "don't worry, I have three brothers", "I have three YOUNGER brothers" ALL the time. It's actually kind of funny. There's a converstation on SS right now about farting in front of other people which inspired me to finally post this (I actually drafted this list a few months back) You can anticipate additions to this in the future :)

~Heidi...big sister to three brothers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can soooo relate! Just change all the threes to five and you are set. ;)

Well, actually, some of my sisters are really bad too!