Thursday, December 09, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#28 - BlackBerry

I am determined to do 30 of these entries. Yes I know November is long over. I don't care though. Thankfulness shouldn't end.

Today I'm going to do an ode to a slightly obvious item. My constant companion. My tool, entertainment, distraction. The first thing I reach for in the morning and often the last thing I see at night. My connection to the world, my communication device, my addiction.

My BlackBerry.

I know it's going to make me sound old but as someone who didn't have a personal computer at home until grade 11, sometimes it astounds me that a device the size of my hand is so powerful. I use it for so much. I have three (of four) email addresses directed there, I can access Facebook and the internet. It's my address book, calendar and GPS, and that's before I even open up the full menu. I keep notes in it, use it for a calculator and play games. Oh, and it even makes phone calls! LOL And I use the BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) and texting. (Really, if you can't get ahold of me, I must be in the bathroom or in class when it's usually off. Give me and hour (if I'm in class) and I'll get right back to you...unless I'm igorning you ;)

I don't have a lot of apps loaded but I do have dictionary.com and I use that one ALL the time. Long time readers of this blog may have noticed an absence of my "Word of the Day" posts. That's because I'm no longer sitting at a computer and I just search from my phone. I use that app a couple of times a day.

Addicted? Yes. But I love it :)

No comments: