Sunday, December 12, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#29 - Conditioner

One of the first things I noticed when I moved to Ontario was how different the water is. My whole trip had been an adventure. Lots of places we couldn't drink the water and one place it actually turned stuff orange because there was so much water in it. When I arrived here and tried to wash my hair it was horrible. I could hardly brush it out and for the first time I actually considered cutting it. Of course I didn't. Instead, I did what I've managed to go 29 years without doing. I bought different shampoo.

For someone with such long hair I'm pretty lazy when it comes to caring for it. For the most part I can get away with Pert Plus 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner and that's pretty much all I've used, ever. It's what my mom used for forever and since it worked (in BC water) I felt no need to change. Here, I had to. Interestingly I actually needed shampoo when I arrived. I had a few small travel bottles full that got me through but I didn't have a full bottle. My roommate let me try her stuff (I didn't notice it being all that much better) but I got a sample of Pantene in the mail. I used that and it was like having totally diffent hair! I know it's not a big deal to people who are used to using separate shampoo and conditioner but I am definitely a convert now. I love doing my hair now, especially after it's just been washed. I'm very thankful for conditioner!

No comments: