Monday, December 13, 2010

Learned a Very Cold Lesson Tonight

Most of the skirts I wear to work are only knee length. I wear them with black tights. As it's gotten colder I've started wearing my winter boots to work and carrying my work shoes. Then I change when I get there. Today I was inside studying all day and didn't have to be at work till 7 pm. With all that time I was still running a bit late. I knew it had been snowing but I didn't really think much of it (it's been snowing off an on for weeks). I was ready about five minutes before the bus was due so I just threw on a hoodie, a scarf and my winter coat and dashed down to the bus stop. Problem #1: I didn't account for the fact that the bus schedule is screwed up by the weather. So, that would have been okay, IF I was dressed for waiting. I wasn't. I was dressed for catching the bus. The next one didn't come for 35 minutes. I don't know if you've had to catch the bus much but waiting is the most annoying thing ever. You don't know if you should stay or go, or if you'll have enough time to catch the next one. I knew I hadn't missed it because I was early but when weather is the variable, you never know WHEN it will come. By the time it did, I was near frozen. Well, my legs were. My upper body was toasty warm.

So, next time I have to work I'm doing two things differently.
1. I'm planning on catching an earlier bus so I'm not late for work
2. I'm dressing warmer. Proper leg covering/long skirt, etc.

In other happier news, I had my first Vanilla Rooibos Tea Latte tonight. Yummy! I'm not much of a tea drinker (aside from Chai) but I've wanted to start trying the Starbucks teas so I can recommend them to customers. I couldn't decide what to have tonight after work and my boss suggested that. I had it "sub-vanilla" because it usually just comes with classic syrup. It's really good. I'll definitely add it to my "drinks I like" list (which is getting longer by the day!)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Heidi, my daughter Megz wears skirts on campus, but almost all of hers are long. And she bought a pair of yoga pants to put under the longs skirts, cause she was so cold.

Try to stay warm!