Saturday, October 21, 2006

Monday, September 25th

Monday morning I had the alarm set for 8am. At 7:58 Nancy’s daughter Emma made her presence known by exercising her lungs. Perfect timing! At nine Erin, her two kids and Sherilyn picked me up. We met Cheryl for breakfast at Bob Evans. After breakfast we headed over to the Sully Plantation. Erin did all of the photography there so I will have to get copies from her.

The Sully Plantation was very interesting. It really gave me a good feeling of what it would have been like to live in the mid eighteen hundreds.

Our next (very important) stop was for “custard” at Milwakee Custard. It was delicious! I had the cookies and crème which is the flavour of the month. Custard is similar to ice cream but MUCH smoother and lighter.

After our treat Cheryl and I said good bye to Erin and Sherilyn and headed to Mount Vernon. The home of the first president of the United States, George Washington. It was beautiful! Indoor photography wasn't allowed but I did get some postcards showing the different rooms. I uploaded quite a few of my outdoor shots and they can be seen here: Choose the "agent713 - Monday 9/25" album.

After a leisurely afternoon touring Mount Washington Cheryl and I got on “95” and headed North.

We stopped for dinner at a rest stop in Maryland and arrived at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia just past nine. I am eternally grateful to her for driving me all the way up there and then turning around and going all the way home. Thank you Cheryl!!!

~Heidi

No comments: