Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ACM Predictions

I had so much fun doing my predictions for the CMA's that I'm going to do it again.

Over all prediction, Carrie Underwood will clean up.

The good news? Of all the female singers out there, Carrie is one of my favourites.

My predictions:

Entertainer of the Year
Who I THINK Will Win: Honestly, any of them could take it. Keith didn't tour much last year so I'm not hopeful for him. Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and George Strait all did and had VERY successful tours. Any of them could take it.
Who I WANT to Win: Kenny, just cause he's so awesome and I want to see him take it three years in a row. I'd be happy for any of them (except the Flatts :P)

Top Male Vocalist
THINK: Keith Urban
WANT: I'd LOVE to see underdog Brad Paisley take it!

Top Female Vocalist
THINK: Watch your reaction Faith Hill. The last thing we need it to rehash it again for the millionth time. I think this one is Carrie's again.
WANT: I'm cool with Carrie taking it.

Top Vocal Group
THINK: Rascal Flatts has this one sewn up
WANT: I'd love to see Canadians Emerson Drive walk away with this one. It would do my "Countrified Soul" good :D

Top New Male Vocalist
THINK: Rodney Atkins, although it's weird that he's even nominated. It's not like he's *new* he's just back on the charts
WANT: I want Chris Young to win because even though he's a product of "Nashville Star" he's my favourite of the three (even if Craig Morgan was at Billy Bob's the night I was there)

Top New Femal Vocalist
THINK: Taylor Swift
WANT: Miranda Lambert

Top New Duo or Vocal Group
THINK: The Wreckers
WANT: The Wreckers, I really think they've got a great shot at it.

Album of the Year
THINK: Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood. Who can dispute over 5 million copies sold?
WANT: I won't cry if Carrie wins but I'd love for King George to take this one home. "It Just Comes Natural" is an instant classic

Single Record of the Year
THINK: Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
WANT: Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood - it's a classic and SO well done

Video of the Year
THINK: Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
WANT:Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood - Actually I WANT the videos that aren't even nominated. Dierks' "Long Trip Alone" and Kenny's "You Save Me"

Vocal Event of the Year
THINK: Building Bridges - Brooks & Dunn with Vince Gill & Sheryl Crow
WANT: Me and God - Josh Turner, Dr. Ralph Stanley and Diamond Rio

IMO the Vocal Event Category is weak but at least Bon Jovi isn't nominated again.

So there. That's my predictions. Let's see how close I am :D

~Heidi

No comments: