Friday, April 04, 2008

Karin Called Me a Rat

Well, not ME but, if the shoe fits...

Dirt Road Scrapper
Seems to me that everyone is running around at warped speed and most of them are running in circles. Reminds me of one of those rodent wheels. DD's hamster just scurries for hours at a time on her wheel and when she steps off, she's right where she started, albeit, she got a good workout.

This is SO me right now. Remember those Family Circus cartoons where you can track the kids path all over the house and yard? Well that's how I feel. Except I go:
To work in the morning
Run errands at lunch
Straight to other job in the evening
Out for drinks with co-workers
Home
To work in the morning
Run errands at lunch
Home for dinner
Over to Mom & Dad's
To Costco
Back to Mom & Dad's
Home (to watch Idol)
Back to work
Errands at lunch
Home for dinner
To Mom & Dad's
To church
Drop Mom off at her house
Home
Back to work
Errands at lunch
Home for dinner
WALK to the scrapbook store/gas station
Home
Down to my car
Home to watch more tv and scrapbook
Back to work
Lunch
Home for dinner
Work at the store
Home
(That's been my week, Monday-Friday)

and it repeats, over and over and over! Like a hamster on a wheel.

The problems arise when you are expected to be two places at once. I'm scheduled for a scrapbook retreat with Deb next weekend. That Saturday I also have a baby shower and a concert that I would like to go to. I realized today that I haven't bought tickets because deep down I KNEW I wasn't available.

At some point I suppose it's the whole "learning to say 'no' thing" but I don't want to say no. I "don't want to miss a thing" LOL

And it's not like I'm ALWAYS busy. Thursday was a night off. I had dinner, went for a walk and then watched tv and scrapbooked until bedtime. Very relaxing. Same with Sunday evening. I was home from about 5pm on. I'm not complaining because as someone said, if you didn't like it, you wouldn't do it. Which is true.

It's just interesting when someone nails exactly how your life is progressing and you realize there ARE other ways. Maybe I need to live at the end of a dirt road...how long do you think I'd last? ;)

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Maybe I need to live at the end of a dirt road...how long do you think I'd last?

You'd soon get used to it :)

It makes me tired just reading all that you do.

I have had a very quiet two weeks - but I go back to the rat race on Monday ;)

Ranch Wife said...

LOL! That's a great example of me not thinking before I write! I should have added a disclaimer to the end of my post! I never thought about makng a list like that ~ WOW! You are one busy gal! I promise to keep you busy when you come for a visit. Just for the record ~ I love rats!;)

Shelljo said...

Heidi, you'd be just as busy. I promise! It would just be a "different" kind of busy...