Friday, April 11, 2008

Second Visitation

According to my trusty blog it's been a full year since my last visitation with Dance. Last night a number of us visited the club in my hometown. It was an interesting experience. The hall is only about five blocks from my house. I still drove because it was dark by the time we got out and if my dad heard that I was walking through downtown alone he'd have my head.

Most of the members there seem to be older. I mean, I know that square dancing generally attracts seniors but these were...senior, seniors LOL All very sweet people. I didn't have a partner with me but the president of the club stepped in and we danced well together. It was billed as a Plus Level dance (Basic/Mainstream/Plus). I've been dancing for 3.5 years now and I kind of naturally progressed into Plus. I was really happy with how I did last night though. A different caller is always an adventure but this one was quite good. Very easy going.

I had to laugh at one point. There was this one sweet older guy who can't have been all of five feet tall. Dancing with him was like dancing with a child. At one point he spun me around and he kept my hand (over my head) through the whole move. After I completed it he said "Hey, I did it!" Like it was a big accomplishment LOL

Monday night is our last night of dance for the season and then we're done again until September. It's hard to believe we're finished so soon!

No comments: