Friday, November 05, 2010

Attitude of GratitudeV3#4 - My Parents

This one is definitely a repeat but it is extra important tonight. I found out earlier today that a friend of mine lost her dad and a cousin, both to suicide within less than 48 hours of each other. :(

I have just moved 3,000 miles away from my parents but they are still a huge part of my life. I text with both of them frequently and in September I spent a combined 500+ minuters on the phone with them. I can't fathom not having them in my life. I miss them terribly but they are super supportive of me being here and being away so it's not as bad as it could be.

I have two of the world's best parents. They're not infalliable. They have faults, but overall, I wouldn't trade them for anything. So tonight, while reflecting on my friend's loss, I am thanking God again for my parents and praying a prayer of blessing and strength over them as well as her family.

No comments: