Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Square Dancing Pictures

I promised you guys photos from Square Dancing awhile back. Since we're back in the "swing" of things, I thought it would be appropriate. The first three shots are from a lady that I met through dance. I went to Terri's Memoranza(?) and she happened to be there too. It was great! It's nice to actually have pictures of ME dancing too. Usually I'm behind the camera. These are from our Christmas dance. So just over a month ago.

Notice that not everyone wheres the big crinolines and stuff. I do because they're fun and so pretty but you don't HAVE to to participate.
This is my dance partner Ralph. His wife doesn't dance so we've kind of paired off. He's only been dancing for about a year longer then I so it's a good match. We've started learning round dancing lately too. That's a whole different ball of wax. For those of you familiar with it, I'm pretty good at the two step ones but the waltzes have me completely confused.
Here's a picture of rounds from Rally (the annual weekend dance that my club hosts). The difference between square dancing and round dancing is that with squares there are eight (four couples) in a "square" and you move in and around the square in a pattern. With rounds it's just you and your partner moving around the room. In rounds it's more about footwork and taking the right amount of steps. I find it takes a LOT more concentration. It's a lot of fun though.
Lastly, a shot of the floor at Rally. It kind of just looks like a bunch of people standing around but they are dancing!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Janis said...

Looks like a lot of fun!