Thursday, January 18, 2007

Talking to Myself

I doubt I'm the only one who talks to myself, analyzes stuff, comes to conclusions etc. but I may do it more often then others. Lately though I've decided I need to stop it because it doesn't do any good anyways.

Case in point. The day after the concert in Vancouver I woke up and realized that for the first time in months, I didn't have another concert to go to. I decided I was okay with that. I had had a wonderful time the night before and I decided that I could live on the high from that concert for a long time. The problem was a little conversation I had with myself a few weeks ago, also about concerts. Can you tell I'm slightly addicted? I blame it ALL on Diane. Anyways, during that conversation a few weeks ago I was thinking about the concerts coming to the area in the next few months. George Strait at the Tacoma Dome in Washington, Randy Travis at a smaller venue in Vancouver, Rascal Flatts at GM Place in Vancouver. At that time I decided the only (ONLY) person I really wanted to see live was Brad Paisley. I've toyed around with the idea of joining his fan club for well over a year. I used to frequent his message board until he made it fan club only. He's got a great group of fans and I'd love to get back in touch with them. So, during that conversation I told myself that the only way I'd allow myself to join his fan club is if he announced a tour with a Vancouver date. That way I could apply for VIP tickets and/or M&G passes.

See where this is going?

The very day I decided that I was okay with not having a concert to go to. The day I decided I was OKAY with missing George, I was OKAY with not seeing Randy (because he's ridiculously expensive) I was OKAY not seeing Rascal Flatts (becasue I'm not *really* a fan anyway) THAT DAY, they announced the "Bonfires and Amplifiers" Tour. Brad on a 30-some date tour with a Vancouver stop scheduled for May 22nd.

::sigh::

I'm going to quit talking to myself.

I haven't decided if I want to actually try for tickets and stuff. Especially with the new developments of my Texas trip. I'm worried that if I don't I'll really regret it though. Seriously. The ONLY concert that I'd consider and it has to be the one they announce.

Maybe someone's listening to me talk to myself...

~Heidi

PS Today is exactly one year since I saw Brad in Vancouver. The concert was great, I'd just like to be closer!

3 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Heh. DH talks to himself all the time. Around me. In front of me. When I am in the next room. He's always whispering to himself about something or another. No, he isn't psychotic, but sometimes I wonder....

tosin said...

Dear Heidi,

Get the tickets.

Love,
toemi

:)

Veronica said...

What Toe-Ami said.

You know you want to.

And stop talking to yourself...at least out loud anyway ;)