Thursday, April 19, 2007

Swamp Tour

As previously posted, the swamp tour was a lot nicer then we expected. Our guide "Eli" was very friendly and knowledgeable. He is from Avery Island in Louisiana which is where Tabasco sauce is made. Check your bottle! I'll think of him everytime I see a bottle of Tabasco. The aligator on the right was the first one we saw. He was about 6 feet long.
The next one (left and swimming towards us below) was smaller. Only 2-3 feet but he was more active. I called him "cute" Eli didn't agree ;)

Here is me and the "cute" gator. Although he just looks like a log.

All of the trees and foilage were beautiful. Swamps are very peaceful places...until the motor boats fly through :(

Eli had us all looking for animals and interesting things on shore. I spotted some wild pigs!!! Everytime we'd point something out he'd say "Good eyes! You should be a guide. What are you doing this summer?" We used that line SO many times during the weekend. Spot a cute pair of shoes? "Good eyes! You should be a guide. What are you doing this summer?" LOL

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Very cool pics....but I agree with Eli...not sure I'd ever call a gator cute ;)