Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The problem with giving advice

is that sometimes people take it.

Awhile back I alluded to the fact that I have a "biggish" announcement to make. There has been a lot of unknowns and changes in plans so I haven't bothered posting but I want to get this on here to make it "official".

I've been telling Seth to move to Alberta for years. There are good jobs there, new people and places and my uncle Tim lives there (and Seth would probably work with him which would be good because he's a pretty solid role model). Seth has very little holding him here. Mostly just family. Yes we'll miss him but he's not happy here and I want the best for him...even if it does stink for me.

It's stinks because Seth's my room mate (or house mate as Veronica likes to say ;)) Our arrangement works great for both of us. Now I either have to find my own place or find a new room mate. It's going to be interesting.

Seth officially gave his notice at work last week and his last day is Ocotber 18th. He's faxed his resume out and now he's waiting to hear on a job. He has a few options so he just has to find one that works for him.

I'm still at a loss as to what I'm going to do. Right now it looks like Seth won't be taking all his stuff with him, at least initially. He's agreed to continue paying rent down here and leave everything with me. That gives me at least another month or two. In that time I need to decide if I want to stay where I am and find a roommate. Or look for another place. There is the option of having an exchange student since I'm on a bus route and there are lots that attend the local college.

I'm really not sure what will happen but I'll keep you updated in anycase. If anyone knows of someone looking for a place, let me know.

Seth told me on Sunday that one of his co-workers wants to move in with me...because I bake and his wife doesn't LOL Yeah...not exactly what I'm looking for!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for him. Bummer for you though. I hope you work something out fast! I know how hard it can be to find the right house mate (let me tell you, I've had some of the worst ;))