Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sometimes you just have to go with your gut

Call it intuition. Call it a gut feeling. Call it a conscience. Whatever it is, I'm learning to really listen to mine. Well, trying to at least. I am a slow decision maker. I always have been. It takes me awhile to get used to an idea, to prepare for a big change and even to make large purchases. I'm impulsive when it comes to little stuff but on big stuff I'm painfully slow. Sometimes it's a good thing though.

I recently passed up on a really good opportunity to buy a used computer. It would have been a good deal and I don't know that I'll have the opportunity again but I sat on it for a few days, thought about it and in the end, just decided to say "no". How do I know it was the right decision? I can feel it in my gut. I feel totally okay about this. Even knowing that Seth may take his laptop when he leaves, even knowing that I may not have another opportunity to get a computer like that, I know it's right. For me. For now. Because my gut tells me so.

No comments: