Monday, October 29, 2007

What's on your playlist?

Okay, so I'm kind of beind the times and still working with CD's but you get the idea. So, what's in my player lately? Brace yourself. It's NOT what you'd expect.

Nickleback: All the Right Reasons
Aaron was mighty confused when I asked to borrow this cd. I admit some of the lyrics are a bit out there for me (actually a lot of them) but I really, really like Photograph and Rockstar. If you haven't seen the video for Rockstar, go to YouTube and look it up. It's AWESOME. Of course the fact that lead singer Chad Kroeger is a local boy doesn't hurt either. Gotta support local talent :D

Bon Jovi: Have a Nice Day
Now that "Who Says You Can't Go Home" isn't being played every second song on country radio, I can actually stand to listen to this cd. I really like "Have a Nice Day" and I'm loving the sound of "Last Cigarette" for some reason. I can see why this is such a popular album.
I'm not sold on their new "Lost Highway" album yet but maybe a few years down the road I'll like it too.
Newsboys: Shine: The Hits
Somehow I never connected the song "Shine" with Newsboys but when I did, I decided I wanted to hear the whole cd. I love that song and while the lyrics are kind of twisted "make a vegetarian barbque hamster?" the sentiment is good and the beat rocks.

All of these cd's have been out for awhile and are outside my usual little country box but I'm just discovering them and enjoying them.

No comments: