Friday, October 12, 2007

Vancouver 2010

As you probably know, Vancouver is hosting the Olympics in 2010. I was really too young to really appreciate the '88 Olympics in Calgary (although I did know that the girl mascot was named Hidy which I thought was pretty cool). Anyways, it's been interesting watching 2010 take shape. It's something that's kind of always there in the back of my mind. The news reports on the highlights. I've been signed up as a volunteer since before we were even short listed as a host city and here and there you're starting to see more and more Olympic symbols show up.


I think the neatest thing I've seen so far would have to be this video: Celebrate the Possible I've had the opportunity to see it on full screen projection twice now. Both were at meetings highlighting the opportunities for local businesses to get involved with the games. The video really is stunning. I think my favourite part is when the cranes turn into the figure skaters. (Watch it. You'll understand). This video really makes me proud to be Canadian. Proud of my beautiful country and city. Proud of the sports, arts, heritage and culture that we foster.

I also got to hear Andrea Holmes speak. It was awesome. The enthusiasm she has is infectious. I'll be watching for her in Beijing.

Hopefully I can be a link to my readers for the 2010 games. I know it will be an experience I will never forget and I'm excited for it to come.

~Heidi

No comments: