Tuesday, November 07, 2006

CMA Outcomes

So, how close was I?

Entertainer of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Correct. I thought he’d win and I wanted him to win. Note that he is now both the current reigning Entertainer of the Year according to both the CMA and the ACM!

Male Vocalist of the Year
Keith Urban
Correct. While the letter he had Ronnie Dunn read was touching, I still think any of the other nominees would have been just as good choices for this category.

Female Vocalist of the Year
Carrie Underwood
Wrong. It’s hard to say who was more surprised. Carrie or Faith Hill. I thought Faith deserved it and apparently she did too. Unfortunately she was on camera when Carrie’s name was announced and her “WHAT?” comment is the topic of much speculation this morning.

Horizon Award
Carrie Underwood
Correct. Although it’s weird that she won this and Female Vocalist.

Single of the Year
“Believe”
Wrong. I thought Carrie would get this one. B&D cleaned up on the music side.
Song of the Year
“Believe”
Correct, in that I thought they would win. I still think Brad should have gotten this award.

Music Video of the Year
“Believe”
Correct, unfortunately. Again, I liked Brad’s video better.

Vocal Group of the Year
Rascal Flatts
Correct again. Whether I like them or not, the Flatts are putting up amazing numbers and the CMA recognized this.

Vocal Duo of the Year
Brooks & Dunn
Correct. As I said, it was a B&D night.

Musical Event of the Year
Brad Paisley (Featuring Dolly Parton)
“When I Get Where I’m Going”

In my opinion, this was the hardest category to award. I thought for sure that B&D had it. Luckily I was wrong. Brad and Dolly definitely deserved it.

Album of the Year
Time Well Wasted
Correct in that I wanted it to win. Can I just say how happy I am? I truly think Brad deserves this award over anyone else.

So, eight out of eleven that I thought would win. Pretty good! Four that I wanted to win too, including a few nice surprises.
~Heidi

2 comments:

Christina said...

I, for one, am really happy for Carrie Underwood. I LOVE her CD. Having said that- I don't listen to much country music. But she did get me listening... so that's got to count for something.

Favorite song of hers: Before He Cheats
I belt that one out in the car at the top of my lungs. I just think it's the funniest song :)

Terry aka Funky said...

Well although Faith was what seemd a little pissed over Carrie's win Faith has not had an overly productive 2006 as Carrie has been blasting up the charts so I guess each to their own