Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Weekend Re-cap

This post was from Tuesday but I forgot to post it.

My phone rang this morning at 8:27. I was still in bed. It was my co-worker "Uh, hi, we were just wondering if you were planning on coming in today"

"<< insert bad word >>"

See, I had set my alarm for 8:30 on Friday so I could sleep in. I turned it on last night but I didn't think to check the time. Oops! So yeah, I got to work about 9:15. Good thing my boss is away this week!!!

I did blog over the weekend but blogger ate my post so I'll have to re-cap it here. As previously posted, I went to the island to visit Janis this weekend. I picked up her friend Leanne on Friday and we caught the 3pm ferry. Thank goodness for reservations. We definitely needed it that day. The crossing was a bit rough, but not too bad. We made it to Janis' around 5 and got a tour of her new house. Very nice Janis! I really like the kitchen :) After that we went out for dinner at Romano's and then while Janis went to pick her sister-in-law up from the ferry, Leanne and I went shopping. We got groceries and then discovered that the *only* place open after 9pm in Nanaimo is Walmart!!!

Anyways, we did make it to the condo but by the time we unloaded everything and had some hot chocolate and dessert, it was bed time. Saturday the weather was kind of yucky. Perfect for scrapbooking. I finished a few calendar pages and then launched into card making. Over the course of the weekend I completed over two dozen Christmas cards. They all used the KI paper that I picked up during the Mount Baker retreat. On the way to pick up Leanne I stopped at an LSS and got some silver sparkly rub-ons which I used as well. Now I need to sit down and actually write and address those cards!

Janis and Martha did have their laptops with them so I was able get online a bit. I used them to look at my pictures as well and I ordered a few that I want to complete my PA 2005 layouts. This is the only picture we took all weekend. Me working on two laptops at once.

Dinner Saturday night was at A&W. It worked really well because nobody had to cook or clean up. Therefore a lot less thought was required and we ended up with very few leftovers.

Sunday I wanted to be back for an evening church service and Martha wanted to get home to her family. That didn’t leave us a lot of time. Basically we just cleaned up and headed out. It turned out to be great timing. Because it was still the middle of the long weekend we got to the ferry terminal and only had to wait for about five minutes between paying and boarding! It was great :) The crossing was pretty rough but it just added to the adventure.

Monday, on my “forced vacation day” I just basically stayed home. I did get up in the morning and tried to make breakfast but discovered that both Seth and I were out of milk, eggs and bread so I went shopping. Other then that I rented a movie, unpacked and hung out. That evening I went to dance and well, that puts us back where I started this blog entry. With me sleeping in Tuesday morning LOL

~Heidi

4 comments:

Veronica said...

LOL - sounds like you were just trying to extend that long weekend ;)

agent713 said...

Yep, that's what I told my boss! She asked how my weekend was and I said "great, an longer then I expected!" LOL
~Heidi

tosin said...

Sounds like the weekend was just what you needed. And one day too short.
:)
~toemi~

Janis said...

I thought you were in charge of taking pictures? This is the 3rd time we've gone there for a retreat and the only pictures I have are of my mom feeding Stephanie when I took her along. Maybe next time......