Thursday, November 20, 2008

Six Degrees of Dierks

This is related to today's Attitude of Gratitude post but separate. I wrote it a few weeks ago and I keep forgetting to post it.

Jackie has the true "Six Degrees of Separation" thing sewed up because her celebrity obsession IS Kevin Bacon. Well I like playing it too and I'm pretty good. I can relate most things back to Dierks Bentley, as pathetic as that is LOL Anyways, the latest link involves my newest musical obsession. Jeremy Camp. I was initially exposed to Jeremy's music via the radio. I realized that there were a few different songs that all caught my attention and each time I waited to hear who was singing them, it turned out to be him! Once I established that he was an artist I liked, I went in search of his cd's. I have three so far and I want to get the rest. He's got a new one coming out in November that I'm really excited for too.

Anyways, a few weeks ago Dierks hosted his annual "Miles & Music for Kids" celebrity motorcycle ride which raised over $275,000 to benefit the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. There were lots of big names there like Tim McGraw, John Rich of Big & Rich and others. I followed the excitement of the event via the fan club. I read the reviews and I looked at the pictures but it wasn't until I watched the fan club exclusive video from Dierks himself that I realized that JEREMY WAS AT THE RIDE TOO!!! He performed! Along with his wife Adrienne. Crazy!!!

I haven't established the link between them yet or how or why Jeremy got included but how cool is that? Some year I'd love to make it down to Miles & Music. This would have been a great year to be there!!! But who knows, maybe they'll do more together in the future.

No comments: