Sunday, March 12, 2006

My weekend thus far...

Bet you thought I forgot about my blog eh? I haven't it's just that I didn't have internet access for a few days and when I got home, there were too many people around. I find it hard to write if it's not quiet. So, an update since I was last on.

Thursday I spoke with my new boss again and she "officially welcomed me to the team". Just confirming that she got all my paperwork and it was in order.

It snowed really heavily on Thursday morning but by mid-afternoon it was gone. That evening I went to dance. On the way home it was snowing lightly but not sticking to the road. ER was a re-run so I packed up my stuff and headed out to Janis'. OMFSM! It was snowing SOOOOO hard!!! The last time I was in a storm like that was when Meredith and I went to 100 Mile House. Thursday night was like driving in another world. I knew the road but everything looked different and the street lights on the snow gave it a really ethereal glow. Very creepy. Most people were going about 70 kms. The trucks were going around 50. I was VERY thankful for my new tires!

Friday the snow took a lot longer to melt but it was a beautiful sunny day. I did some cleaning, packed up my scrapbook stuff and went shopping. Michaels, Zellars, and a dance store in White Rock where I purchased proper square dance shoes. I've needed them for a long time and since I know I'll use them and I'm really enjoying dance and planning on sticking with it, it was worth the investment.

From there I headed to Deb's for an afternoon/evening of scrapbooking. I didn't accomplish a lot but I had a good time. Cut some sizzix titles, made some cards and played with the shapemakers. Driving back that night was completely different from Thursday. It was totally clear and dry out. You wouldn't know that there had been almost blizzard condtions the night before.

Saturday I met my friend Jenna at her new condo. Got to see the beautiful paint job and meet her finches. Then we went for lunch, got our passport pictures taken (just in case I decide to actually fill out the application :P) and went for a walk around the lake. It was a beautiful day.

Today we are thinking of heading into Vancouver for awhile. I'll let you know how it goes.


1 comment:

Emmy said...

Congrats on the passport photo. I have my app filled out but no picture yet ... I keep telling myself I need to like I need to get my drivers license changed over. One of these days :)