Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm Baaaaack

Didja miss me? Whistler was good. Long days and early mornings but it was a fairly sucessful show and a great experience for me. We had great weather up until Saturday and I even got a couple of hours off to tour the village. On Thursday during my "time off" I was in the post office. In the next line over I saw a guy and I thought to myself "that's Ross Rebegliati, gold medalist in snowboarding from the 1998 winter olympics in Nagano". Sure enough the lady behind the counter said "Hey Ross!" Later that night when I was in line for the Gondola there was a Roots Canada poster with him on it! So there, that was my brush with fame in Whistler LOL

I also got to meet a couple of politicians and other "movers and shakers" in the industry. Like I said, it was a good experience. I can't wait to go back to Whistler when I don't have to work!

~Heidi

No comments: