Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Monday, September 18th to present

Monday evening was dance again. I was much more awake that time and not as sore the next morning.

Tuesday I got sidelined into a meeting I wasn't supposed to be part of. By the time I got back to the office and got to work it was two o'clock!!! I had to leave at 3:30 for a board meeting with my old job.

Funny story from Tuesday. The meeting I was at was catered but we ended up only having about half the expected participants show. I called the office and one of my co-workers brought some plastic containers over so we could share some of the extras. As I was piling the desserts into the container I realized that I was putting in the ones *I* liked, the brownies and chocolate ones and leaving the ones I wasn't too fond of, the fruit squares and carrot cake. I figured I should include at least one piece of carrot cake just in case.

This morning (Wednesday) I got to the office and peeked in the dessert container. There was one piece left. Guess which one? Yup! My token piece of carrot cake. Guess I have good taste after all!!!

Back to yesterday. I ended up staying late at work because its the only way I get anything done. When I did get home I made supper, cleaned up a bit and then did the dishes (that's a big deal since neither Seth nor I enjoy doing them and we tend to let them pile up). Robert called while I was eating. He was at Mom and Dad's and he wanted me to come over. I told him No though. I'm getting good at this! I'm glad I did. It would have been nice to hang out but I had too much to do at home. I cleaned out my scrap area and extracted what I need for the retreat, got most of my goodie done and even packed a bit more.

He did come "home" (he stays with Seth and I when he's in town) and we had a good chat over hot chocolate and pistachio pudding. (My milk is expired so I needed to use it up before it went bad). It was nice to have some one on one time with my brudder :)

So, that brings us to today. Wednesday. Crazy busy day at work. Lunch meeting which messed everything up, and almost three hours of overtime. I'll bill for a bit of it but I haven't been totally focused during the day (too much blog surfing and emailing) so it's just me evening things out for my concious.

Tomorrow I'm in the office for the day and then I'm LEAVING ON A JET PLANE!!!

Okay, one more entry and then I'll go home. I promise.


No comments: