Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sunday, September 17th

Sunday after church I went out for lunch with a bunch of friends. I finally got to satisfy a really bad craving for Thai food, specifically spring rolls. I ate almost an entire order myself and enjoyed every bite :D I also tried some kind of Vietnamese coffee. They gave me a glass with about an inch of sweet and condensed milk and then balanced on top was a little percolator type thing that dripped the coffee into the glass. Once the coffee was dripped you mix it together and pour it over ice (which comes in another container). When some of the ice is melted (or not) you pour it back in the glass and drink it through a straw. It was delicious. The coffee was very strong but the sweetness of the milk tamed it and they complimented each other very well. Now I'm craving the coffe :P

After lunch I went home and seriously started packing for the first time. I made a list of the days I'll be away, and wrote down what kind of clothes I need. Then I started pulling them out of my closet and dresser and piling them on my hope chest. Tonight (Wednesday) I'll actually put them in the suitcase.

Sunday evening Seth, Robert and I went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. It was really nice to hang out with them some more. I think we spend more time as a family now that I am moved out and Robert lives so far away...or maybe it's just more quality time. Going to Mom and Dad's was good because I got a bunch of pictures burnt to CD too. Their computer is VERY unstable right now and I had some pictures there that weren't backed up so this makes me feel a lot better.

~Heidi

No comments: