Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What would you do with $50?

aka Heidi, middle name Lucky, MXXXXX

Last night was the final, final wrap up from the Seniors Games. It was a buffet dinner for the hosts and medal coordinators. It was really nice. Lots of people shared stories of their experiences with the games. Funny ones, touching ones, and GodI'mGladItsFinallyOver ones. Throughout the night they were awarding door prizes. Left over gift bags that the dignataries got, bottles of wine and donated prizes from Home Depot and other places. The prize from Home Depot was some gardening gadget. When the director picked up the prize she told the lady at HD "I know exactly who this should go to. She'd love it!" Then before they drew a name she told us that this woman would love the prize and know exactly what to do with it. Guess who's name they drew!!! The look on the directors face was priceless. It was totally NOT rigged but it worked out perfectly.

The last prize they drew for was a $50 pre-loaded Visa card from a credit union. I won it! I did NOT expect that. It was a very pleasant surprise. Part of me feels guilty because I don't volunteer for the cool stuff that you get. I do it because I know the help is needed and I enjoy it. This is just icing on the cake.

I'm planning on using the card to *finally* get myself an eyelet setter/tool set for card making. I've needed one for a long time and now I can justify getting it...Now to figure out which one!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That's awesome Heidi! Have fun spending that $50 :)

I'm sure it will be no hardship spending it - especially if you go to the LSS