Friday, November 27, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude V2#19 - Encouraging Words

I had a meeting with my old boss yesterday. He has always told us that he is available on a volunteer basis to provide consulting and today we took him up on that. At the end of the hour and a half meeting between myself, my old boss and my current boss, my old boss said "there are two things I accomplished right before I left that I am really proud of. One was securing the program and the other was hiring Heidi".

Gulp.

I mean I appreaciate the sentiment. He's always been really encouraging and I owe him a lot from a career point of view. He's given me a lot of opportunities that I may not have otherwise had.

That said, I am planning on leaving in nine months and comments like that make it much harder.

But I do appreciate the words. My primary "love language" is Quality Time and Encouraging Words. Especially professionally, encouraging words mean a lot to me and it was nice to hear it from him (and have it confirmed by my current boss).

No comments: