Sunday, November 22, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude V2#15 - Polly

So, if you're paying close attention, you may have noticed my new little friend. She's purple and black and she moved in a few weeks ago. Remember my post about my new winter coat? Well the next thing on my list (and probably more important, but way harder to chose) was a laptop.

A few Sunday's ago I finally decided to stop debating and shopping and just buy. I was at my parents and Robert was in town. He brought his new girlfriend over to meet the family (more on that later) and after dinner I sat down at their computer and made them (Dad, Robert and his GF) help me chose the specs for a new laptop. I bought it from Dell Online and the only "non-essential" feature I got was a purple cover for it :D

It arrived on Wednesday, November 4th and it's perfect. Okay. I have a confession to make. I named it. Her. I called her Polly. I do call her Polly. I know it's probably lame and cheesy but I figure if people can name their cars (and guitars apparently) I can name my computer. Plus, it's way better to say "I'm at Starbucks with Polly" than "I'm at Starbucks with my computer". Lame maybe. Deal with it LOL

Anyways, that's another barrier to my move lifted. And it's fun to have a computer at home again! I don't have internet yet but I'm hoping to get it in the next month or so. For now, I just use live writer and then upload my blog posts. I've also downloaded some genealogy software so I'm filling that in.

Yep, I'm thankful for Polly :D

No comments: