Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude V2#2 - Square Dancing

Last year I posted that I was thankful for my Square Dance friends. This year I am thankful for the whole Square Dance community. Square dancing is healthy, it's fun, and it provides a great network. I am finishing my fourth year and even though I grumble and complain (mostly to myself) I really do enjoy the chance to dance (ha! that rhymes LOL)

With all the new beginners starting lately I'm reminded of my first few sessions. I thought I would NEVER catch on, but I did, and now I'm dancing (mostly) at a "Plus" level. There's still lots to learn but I love it and I love knowing that I can pretty much go anywhere in the world and find a square dance club. I don't know if I will dance in Ontario. I may just plain not have time, but I know that if I want to, I can. And for that I am thankful.

No comments: