Friday, June 08, 2007

Blech

I frequently commit what would be considered a mortal sin among hard core coffee drinkers. It's called instant ::gasp:: My parents always drank instant (and still do) and generally I don't have time in the morning to drip a cup of coffee so instant works well. I have an electric kettle and if I plan on having coffee, I'll turn it on before I hop in the shower. This morning I did that. Filled up the kettle, turned it on and went in the shower. When I was done getting ready I came back to the kitchen and fixed my coffee. Water, coffee, milk. The milk didn't mix in like it normally does so I checked the expiry date. It's good until June 12th so I didn't think anything of it. I stirred my coffee, put the lid on my travel mug, grabbed my stuff and headed out. At the first red light on the way to work I had a sip of coffee. It was COLD! I had turned the kettle on but I forgot that last night I had unplugged it so I could plug in my mix-master. Blech. Cold coffee is nasty.

This story has a happy ending though. My co-worker made a rare Starbucks run today and I jumped at the chance for a hot drink. The grande-no-water-no-foam-extra-hot-soy-tazo-chai that she brought back for me tastes *wonderful*. Starbucks to the rescue!!!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Martha said...

Oh my! My dad was visiting last month and was banging all my cabinet doors. I said what are you looking for? Instant coffee! BLECH is right. Apparently, my Seattles Best was too good for him, he wanted his Folgers crystals.

*which I had on hand because a recipe I have calls for coffee granules. Not that i"d ever drink it as we have emergency real coffee stored with all our other back up rations.