Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Liner Notes

I'm one of those people who always read the liner notes. All of them. For an artist I really like I'll typically read all the details about the songs, who wrote them, who was involved in making them etc. as well. The "Thank you's" are my favourite part though. It's always interesting to see which names get imortalized in a cd jacket.

When I had the chance to get MY name added to a cd, just by pre-ordering a record that I was planning on buying anyways, I jumped at it. You may remember the first big event that happened just after I started blogging. The Basics for Babies Breakfast where I got to meet Deric Ruttan and Aaron Lines. This is Aaron's newest cd. By pre-ordering I got it autographed too :) And look! There's my name in black and white!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! How cool!!!

Veronica said...

And you know, when I buy a CD (which isn't very often these days ;))- I love to read the liner notes too, especially the "thank-yous" :D