Thursday, May 18, 2006

July 31

Ok... I stole this from Melissa who stole this from Pamela who stole it from some other people....

Go to Wikipedia and do a search for your birthday (day and month only, exclude the year). Post three facts, two births and one death on your blog including the years.

1498 - On his third voyage to the Western Hemisphere, Christopher Columbus becomes the first European to discover the island of Trinidad.
1917 - The Third Battle of Ypres starts in Flanders.
1987 - A rare, class F-4 tornado rips through Edmonton, Alberta, killing 27 people and causing $330 million in damage.

I remember this last event. We called it Black Friday. It was very, very scary. My dad was out of town, which had me feeling a bit jumpy even though we were 700 miles away from Edmonton. I remember my Grandma calling and saying that this had happened while she and my aunt were at West Edmonton Mall. All of my family was fine but there was a lot of damage to the surrounding areas.


1965 - J. K. Rowling, English novelist
1980 - Harry Potter, fictional character, written by J. K. Rowling

Think there's a link? Hey! Harry's a year older then me...that doesn't make sense :(
1108 - King Philip I of France (b. 1052)
1547 - King Francis I of France (b. 1494)

Bad day for the kings of France!!!

Okay, that's two deaths but I thought it was interesting.

Only 74 days till my birthday!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Thanks for playing Heidi.