Sunday, November 11, 2007

Word of the day #27: meme

Ashley tagged me to do a "book meme". I think I've done it before but I don't even know what a "meme" is. So, I looked it up:

meme /mim/ –noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

So, I still can't say that I really get it but I'll do the exercise anyways.

Here is what you have to do:
You have to open the book you’re currently reading on page 161 and read the fifth sentence on the page, then think of 5 bloggers to tag with.


I am currently reading the oh so edifying "Cordina's Royal Family: Bennet & Camilla" by Nora Roberts. The fifth sentence of page 161 reads: "We can't always choose what we feel, but there are other choices."

There. Now, I tag anyone who knows what "meme" is and can properly explain it to me LOL

~Heidi

3 comments:

Sherilyn said...

hmm, well, a meme is part of pop culture...popular knowledge transmitted sort of subconsciously...things we pick up and replicate. I'm probably not doing a good job of explaing it, so I'll point you to Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

Veronica said...

What a great line from your book! OK, off to do this myself since I haven't blogged in a while...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along!

And I LOVE Nora Roberts! :)